Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Destination of the Month - Alaska Cruise

One of my favorite cruises every year is to Alaska - away from the summer heat and into the cool beauty of the Last Frontier.  It always feels new and fresh to me, and this year did not disappoint.  I did and saw things I'd never done, so it was like going for the first time.  Here are some of the highlights of my 2018 visit:

Hiking with my honey, brother and friend to the waterfall at Mendenhall Glacier


Renting a Jeep in Juneau


Driving in Juneau with the top down - and not freezing

Mendenhall Glacier


A "Fogbow" - beautiful rainbow we saw in the fog in Glacier Bay

Fog lifting in Glacier Bay - I've never had fog there so totally unexpected but amazingly beautiful

Team Music Trivia - we're not as good as we thought we should be

Totem Park in Sitka - never walked this far before

Cool starfish everywhere near the dock

These kids are obviously locals - swimming and jumping off the dock - and they said they weren't cold, even though their skin was bright red.


An amazing day in Glacier Bay


The welcome eagle in Ketchikan


Traveling with my handsome brother

No comments:

Post a Comment